📌First I will start by saying a massive thank you to Thoughts of an Introvert for nominating my blog for The Blogger Recognition Award! Honestly, I’m truly happy and elated that you have enjoyed my tales and ramblings. I am encouraged by your act of kindness and I pray my posts will continue to captivate your interests.
Also, I say a big thank you to everyone who has been following my blogs so far. Thank you for your comments and criticisms, your jokes and arguments, they have indeed elevated and innervated my writing.
📌Please let’s check out the blog posts of Thoughts of an Introvert. This writer is truly a writer at heart; very inspiring and thought provoking posts. Though new on this forum, he displays a rare motivational quality that connects him with his readers. Please don’t deny yourself this great opportunity to be inspired by his posts.
📌The 6 Golden Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 10-15 other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
📌 How did this journey start?
I’ve been writing informally since I was a teenager. I had a little book of poems, I wrote a short children’s story, I wrote drama skits for my drama group in church and I researched and wrote about the history of my local church which I read to everyone on our Church’s 10th anniversary. These are just some of them. I kind of stopped for a while though I was writing little snippets and excerpts on social media. Well, last year one of my close friends who must have noticed my flair for writing began to nudge me to write more. He introduced me to WordPress and consistently pestered me despite my unwillingness to go public. I finally agreed and started a WordPress account and… here I am today.
I’m thrilled and I am grateful to God that I took that bold step to write more, especially on this platform because I have noticed a tremendous improvement in my writing skills. I have met wonderful, exceptional and prolific writers who I keep looking up to for inspiration and motivation. More importantly, I have met lots of good people here, who I may never see face to face,but who like me, hope to make a difference in our worlds through writing.
📌My advice for new bloggers:
1. Be yourself– Find out what suits you and follow your heart. Don’t write to get comments, don’t write to get likes, write because that’s what you want to write, write because you love writing. Write as the inspiration comes even though they don’t make sense, then correct it when the flow stops. Write to connect with your reader, to strike a chord in their heart. When the inspiration is not there, don’t force it. Wait for it, it will come.
2. You are part of a community- Spend time to read other people’s post, comment and share your thoughts with fellow writers. Read and be inspired but remain true to your own style of writing.
3. Modify your website to suit your style. Check out other bloggers and learn from their sites. Make friends, be nice, be courteous, don’t judge.
📌I follow a lot of exceptional and talented writers because I have a very exploratory and inquisitive mind. I’d like to recognize and nominate some of them below in no particular order:
Peter Gardner Psalms
Let the Light In
Elaine’s Journey of Spiritual Awakening
Art, Poetry and Insight ~ KAM
Joanna Lynn’s blog
Words on Empty Ears
Beauty Beyond Bones
My Art and Me
Insanity At Its Best
Giggles & Tales
Autism In Our Nest
The Road To There
📌Lastly to everyone, I’m happy I took this step, you all are truly an inspiration and a motivation to me. I have enjoyed your posts because you are all exceptional writers, each one unique in his/her own way. Let us continue doing what we love doing best- Writing.
God bless you all
P.S I don’t know whether there is a real award but I think this is just a way to acknowledge and encourage each blogger. It’s like a pat in the back.
WORK BECOMES PLAY WHEN YOU LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Copyrights © Obioma Ijeoma Ibe Writealineblog 2017